hashcat Forum

Full Version: line length exception: 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried:

./cudaHashcat-lite64.bin XXX ?F -o=output.txt

and got the error:

ERROR: hash: XXX, line length exception: 30
ERROR: invalid hash 'XXX'. double check -m parameter

So I added -m=0 because it is a hash generated by phpBB v.3 and I read this is MD5.

./cudaHashcat-lite64.bin XXX ?F -m=0 -o=output.txt

Still the same error. ?F is not the issue, I have this error with or without the "French" option. I don't need it here (because the output should be test00) but I'll need it later so I included it in my test.

I also tried without the $H$9, just in case. I thought "line length exception: 30" could mean the hash was too long. It is 34 char long. I still get the same error.

I apologise for asking all these questionsm it's my first attempt at using hashcat and I'm a bit awed by it.
yeah because -m 0 is not correct. I would suggest checking the hash type again (which should not have been posted here in the first place) and then reading the proper usage of hashcat and its options.
Mariane::
"MD5(phpBB3)" is not the same as plain md5
cudaHashcat-lite64 can not crack these.. doesnt support it
use oclHashcat-plus-0.07 instead
n u command should be like this::
Code:
./cudaHashcat-plus64.bin -m400 -a3 -1 ?F [your_hash_file] -o [output_file] ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
note::
-m400
and ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 tells the length.. which is 8 now
this is slow algorithm.. so dont expect much
: )
Thank you very much, M@LIK. I'll try this right now Smile.

Sorry about posting the hash, I had not read the forum rules.

EDIT: Yes, it is slow like that, but at least it is working! With the test command included in the download it got several results in no time. I'll have to re-read the manual and try to understand all the options, to make it go faster. As it goes, with the command:

./cudaHashcat-plus64.bin -m400 -a3 -1 ?F example1.hash -o output.txt ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

It says it is going to take 3 years and 169 days! lol

BTW, just in case I encounter it again, what does "line length exception: 30" mean, please?
dictionary and mutations are the way to go