Optimize MD5 brute force attack
I've been using this command, but is it inefficient? This wiki article is the reason I'm asking... Do I need to use mp64 to optimize my attack?

oclHashcat-plus64.exe -a 3 -o C:\gpu-len7.log C:\md5.tab -1 ?l?u?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
If you are using -plus 0.07 you will not need to use maskprocessor since the capability is now built in.
ERROR: ?1?1?1?1?1?1: No such file or directory
or
ERROR: ?d?d?d?d?d: No such file or directory

>cudaHashcat-plus64 --gpu-async --gpu-
loops=256 --gpu-watchdog=105 -m 0 .\540hashes.txt ?d?d?d?d?
d ?d?d?d?d -o E:\finishednow.txt

I'm using the same command structure as I did with cudaHashcat64, but, it will not process. I can use mp64, but that limits the speed to what one core of my cpu will output (I could very well be wrong about this, I am an n00b).. I would also like to recomend a non/later dated copy of ocl/cuda hashcat for the time being for algo's such as sha1($salt.$pass) that are not implemented into -plus as of yet.
thanks again for the great tool, and your time listening to n00bs like me Big Grin
with new plus version you have to specify what type of attack you are doing. from your commandline i can see you want to do brute-force, so you have to add -a 3 to cmdline. also you dont need to split the mask. the correct cmdline looks like:

cudaHashcat-plus64 -a 3 --gpu-async --gpu-loops 256 --gpu-watchdog 105 -m 0 .\540hashes.txt ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d -o E:\finishednow.txt