[solved] how to pipe rli2 tot textfile?
Could anyone give me the "windows" code for piping the rli2 stdout results to a textfile??

code :
rli2.exe text1 text2 | ....... ????? >outfile

thank you
Code:
rli2.exe text1 text2 > outfile
Thank you very much for replying, but my "outfile" still stays empty.
I sorted both inputfiles unique and they are definitly different to some extend. I have put all files in the same directory.
the first is 1,5G , the other 1,6G ... all 32hex hashes.

I tried with rli.exe, and smaller files, and there it works ok, but rli2.exe just flashes with no result.

Any work arounds to pipe stdout??
No, it should work like that.

See for instance here: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3826.html
Same OP and identical problem. The suggested solution in both cases was to use "> outfile", which of course should work. And I've tested it again and it does indeed work.

I suppose even something as simple as:
Code:
echo hashcat > newfile.txt

doesn't work for you (please try!).

But without more details about your setup (maybe the shell you use, powershell etc)... or other particularities that are involved in your specific case, we cannot give a solution to your problem "simple file redirection does not work".

This is also a problem that (in my opinion) has nothing to do with hashcat etc.

Maybe try with another setup (computer, laptop) etc and see if it behaves differently and most importantly why it does that.

If you do not use the default cmd.exe, please try with that etc.

P.S. I also want to remind you that rli2 is a very specific hashcat utility that makes some very strict assumptions about the input files. I.e. to make it that efficient and fast it assumes that both input files are sorted (this is different from rli.exe), also the general idea is that the first file you specify is the (sorted!) whole file and the second file is a (sorted!) subset of the whole file. If the input files are not already sorted, you need to do that manually (in linux we just use the sort command).
Also note, with modern linux distributions, you need to use LC_ALL=C as well
Tongue 
(12-14-2014, 06:44 PM)philsmd Wrote: ..... also the general idea is that the first file you specify is the (sorted!) whole file and the second file is a (sorted!) subset of the whole file.

Thank you so much ... I did everything right, but ! I had put the whole file second instead of first.
When I put the bigger file first, it works like a charm.

Many thanks for this extra information
solved my question :-)