Fastest Nvidia driver for hash cracking?
Everytime I update my Geforce driver my speeds seem to decrease. I'm not sure why this is. Has anyone else had this experience?

Which is the best Nvidia Geforce driver for hash cracking?

GPU: GT 630M
I have also the GT 630M, with latest 346.35 for Linux(though now I see that 346.47 is out), and according to my benchmark, it's not the driver, but cudaHashcat 1.33 that is operating differently. See topic below this one "oclHashcat v1.33 speed drop".

What's your test? Mine is optirun cudahashcat64 -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict
(though I was told to replace the "example.dict" with "rockyou.dict")
(02-26-2015, 10:10 PM)Quest Wrote: I have also the GT 630M, with latest 346.35 for Linux(though now I see that 346.47 is out), and according to my benchmark, it's not the driver, but cudaHashcat 1.33 that is operating differently. See topic below this one "oclHashcat v1.33 speed drop".

What's your test? Mine is optirun cudahashcat64 -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict
(though I was told to replace the "example.dict" with "rockyou.dict")

I'm, not using v1.33. Also the speed isn't related to the type of attack, I've just seen a trend that updating my driver seems to give me a lower speed. I was wondering if there was an optimum Nvidia driver for hash cracking.
The trend is a good observation, it depends on the CUDA toolkit used for compilation of oclhc too.
Anyways, I personally use some stable forceware (347.25) and don't bother updating it unless new oclhc doesn't work.