Syntax question
I have a wordlist that i would like to use to recover a password with the following properties:

- 1 upper case
- 1 substitution
- ending with punctuation + digit

Ilustration of the password (the pictures in the first line): http://xkcd.com/936/

The wordlist only contains lower case words without digits or punctuation. I guess I would have to use a hybrid attack, but I am struggling with the syntax, as I am new to hashcat.

Thanks for your help.
Would be more appropriate to use rules, not hybrid.
Thanks. I used the predefined rules (toggle, leetspeak...) to expand my wordlist and I was able to crack the hash.

Code:
hashcat -r toggles.rule --stdout wordlist.txt > new-wordlist.txt
Could please explain how exaktly you did it? I have a very similar task and tried your suggestion without success...
He did actually...
You can prepare and pipe as you feel like it.
hashcat -r toggles.rule --stdout wordlist.txt | oclhashcat -a0 hashlist.txt -r leet.rules
sch0.org
Would be more efficient to use rule chaining here.

oclHashcat hashlist.txt wordlist.txt -r toggles.rule -r leet.rule
(04-01-2015, 01:29 AM)epixoip Wrote: Would be more efficient to use rule chaining here.

oclHashcat hashlist.txt wordlist.txt -r toggles.rule -r leet.rule

When i use that rule chaining (.\hashcat-cli64.exe -r .\rules\toggles1.rule -r \rules\leetspeak.rule --stdout wordlist.txt > new-wordlist.txt) i'll get a wordlist like that:

Test
tEst
teSt
tesT
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test

"e" should also be replaced with "3" and why do i get 10 entries "test"?

When i try to do it in 2 steps with separate rulesets my wordlist get's broken... no more ASCII characters in it ?!?
hashcat-cli does not support rule chaining
Take a look at toggles1.rule, all it does is just toggle every char from pos 1 to 16. What you posted is the expected output.

Rule chaining isn't supported by cpu hashcat as far as i know.
sch0.org