NTLM Issues
I posted this in the oclHashcat-lite section also but I'm not sure if it was the right section.

I've tried to crack a NTLM hash but it hasnt been working. I used a charset for uppercase lowercase and numerical. I just used a mask of ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

It didn't crack it, but there is a possibility that it is more than 8 chars long. Is there a way to hash out all of the passwords from 1 digit NTLM with the specified charset to lets say 10 digits NTLM till it finds it's match? If so I would appreciate any help I can get on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
This what you are doing is called spam. One thread regarding same problem is more than enough.
I CLEARLY said that I'm new and wasn't sure which was the right section.
(09-01-2011, 07:23 PM)polarbear Wrote: I posted this in the oclHashcat-lite section also but I'm not sure if it was the right section.

I've tried to crack a NTLM hash but it hasnt been working. I used a charset for uppercase lowercase and numerical. I just used a mask of ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

It didn't crack it, but there is a possibility that it is more than 8 chars long. Is there a way to hash out all of the passwords from 1 digit NTLM with the specified charset to lets say 10 digits NTLM till it finds it's match? If so I would appreciate any help I can get on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
First in Oclhashcat, you have a left and a right mask so it should have been something like:

?1?1?1?1 ?1?1?1?1
or
?1?1?1?1?1?1 ?1?1

also, because NTLM use unicode, make sure that the left or the right is not more than 7 chars.