r9 390x Problems
i have 4 graphic card r9 390x.its works fine with catalyst 15.7.
but i have one problem.
i install 2 case fan and place it in cold room.but when i start cracking gpu temp increase to 90 and more and oclhashcat stop.
i useĀ  -w 1 and again gpu temp increased.then use --gpu-temp-retain=70,80,90 and ... but hashcat again stoped because of increament.i heard that r9 290 are more heater than r9 390.can someone help me about this?plz help
The 290X and 390X are literally the same GPU, so to say the 290X runs hotter than the 390X would be a fallacy.

Is this a reference design card or an OEM design card? And are you forcing the fan(s) to 100% before running oclHashcat?
(11-17-2015, 11:28 AM)epixoip Wrote: The 290X and 390X are literally the same GPU, so to say the 290X runs hotter than the 390X would be a fallacy.

Is this a reference design card or an OEM design card? And are you forcing the fan(s) to 100% before running oclHashcat?

tanks.yes i force the fans works 100% but just take longer time to reach the max of gpu temp.
You probably have an OEM design card, then.
Maybe you have the same problem as me man... for some reason just overheats always unless I use afterburner auto fan control.

Even if I manually set the fan to 100% beforehand after a while ocl for some reason shuts that down and my fan goes to like 20%.
i use gpu-z and look at oclhashcat to control temp.all gpu cluster are stick together and work fine.my board have 4 pci slot and 4 r9 390.but the last one (4th) work good and temp stay at 60C.others got hot.when i use -d 4 option.works and never stoped.but the others fans could not work as well as 4th.i have on question that all other clusters that have 4,6,8,.... graphic card together,have my problems?(sorry for my bad english)
Hello there,

as epixoip mentioned above, could it be possible that you use OEM Design Cards instead of Reference Design Cards? This would explain why the last GPU runs fine but all the other GPUs which would be stacked close together run hot and shut down - at least in my Opinion.

Which Cards do you use, exactly?

Cheers