Hashcat Exhausted when using rules
Hi all,

Im trying to use STDIN and STDOUT with rules to ensure full GPU performance, but hashcat runs through it all within 5 seconds and states exhausted with no key found. Also GPU's are never used.

Using it without the rule works fine.

My rule creation

Code:
/mp64.bin -o sfxU.rule -1 ?u '$?1$?1'

My command

Code:
/mp64.bin  ?u?u?u?u?u?u | ./cudaHashcat64.bin --hash-type=2500 -r rules/sfxU.rule /cracking/wireless/testhashcat.hccap

[Image: attachment.php?aid=364]

Attached Files
.png   charlesholtzkampf_—_root_toffee___opt_hashcat_—_ssh_charles_192_168_16_246_—_223×49.png (Size: 24.09 KB / Downloads: 65)
Look at your progress vs rejected -- 100% rejected. This is likely because of the pre-rule input length check (I thought that was fixed though?) But your command doesn't make any sense, why not just do -a 3 '?u?u?u?u?u?u$?u$?u'
thanks, the reason for doing it this way is because STDOUT and STDIN cannot output enough words to fully utilise the GPU's power.
The GPU keeps on having to wait for the output to further process.

My rules and command is based on the following article, unless this is now outdated.

http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=brut...s_original
Saying the above i've just noticed this in the article:

Quote:If we attack a so called “slow” algorithm, that is one of the following algorithm, we can skip this section:

phpass, MD5(Wordpress), MD5(phpBB3)
md5crypt, MD5(Unix), FreeBSD MD5, Cisco-IOS MD5
md5apr1, MD5(APR), Apache MD5
Domain Cached Credentials2, mscash2
WPA/WPA2

So probably won't make any difference then.
Yeah it shouldn't matter much with length slow algorithms. You can try to trick oclHashcat by simply adding 2 static chars to your input mask so that they dont reject and use ']] $?1$?1' in your rule file generation mask