Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap or Hcap generator.
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Cap or Hcap generator.
Hi

I have been looking for a tool online or otherwise that can generate .cap files for testing. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find anything, but as I suspect this is a common thing for people to want or need I guess I am searching in the wrong places ! Ha ha !

Can anyone please tell me where I can find a tool or webpage where a user can input a network name and a password to produce a WPA test .cap file ?

This will help me double check whether my rule files are working correctly. Also I like to check .cap cleaning and converting etc so this would be useful.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2011, 05:04 PM
RE: Cap or Hcap generator.
Doesnt exist at the moment because there's more than a password and a network name that makes a pmk.
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
(11-08-2011 05:04 PM)Rolf Wrote:  Doesnt exist at the moment because there's more than a password and a network name that makes a pmk.

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate there is more to it MAC's etc but I was just trying to be brief in my post.

I was just looking for something simple or very basic really to do some tests. I can of course do it the hard way but I just thought this would be a common thing, which apparently it isn't.

Thanks anyway, at least I know to stop searching for it ! Smile
11-09-2011, 04:12 PM
There are no tools to produce new .cap files but there is one for testing somewhere on the aircrack website.
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
(11-09-2011 04:12 PM)mastercracker Wrote:  There are no tools to produce new .cap files but there is one for testing somewhere on the aircrack website.

Thank you for your help, I do have that test file.

I was really hoping for a way to be able to quickly make new .caps with different passwords so I can check my rules are working as expected thats all.

I have thought about it more and I think I will just have to make one with my router, .... the old fashioned way !

Thanks again. Smile
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
(11-09-2011 06:32 PM)Hash-IT Wrote:  
(11-09-2011 04:12 PM)mastercracker Wrote:  There are no tools to produce new .cap files but there is one for testing somewhere on the aircrack website.

Thank you for your help, I do have that test file.

I was really hoping for a way to be able to quickly make new .caps with different passwords so I can check my rules are working as expected thats all.

I have thought about it more and I think I will just have to make one with my router, .... the old fashioned way !

Thanks again. Smile
The old fashion way is fine for sure but it's a lot of work to achieve your goal. Why don't you just encrypt your password with another algorithm and test your rule trying to decrypt them after?
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
(11-10-2011 03:24 PM)mastercracker Wrote:  The old fashion way is fine for sure but it's a lot of work to achieve your goal. Why don't you just encrypt your password with another algorithm and test your rule trying to decrypt them after?

Hmm... What a good idea !! Smile

Thats very clever of you, thank you very much !
Thread Closed