Quick help with the APP SDK 2.4?
I have Catalyst 11.4 drivers installed on Ubuntu 11.04. I am having trouble installing/configuring the AMD APP SDK 2.4. Any help would be great.

I am following the "Getting Started" guide:
Code:
2.2.1 OpenCL

Building With GCC –
This samples installation contains makefiles to build samples. To build a sample:

1. Ensure the library path is set to find libOpenCL.so. If it is not set, follow the instructions in
the AMD APP SDK Installation Notes, section 2.2, step 4.
2. Go to the samples directory if you want to build all the samples, or go to a particular sample
directory, and type make. If no options are specified, make builds for the native platform in
debug configuration. To select release configuration, add the option release = 1. To force
a 32-bit build on a 64-bit platform, add the option bitness=32 .
3. Executables are generated in the bin directory at the samples installation root, as well as
inside the bin directory of the samples: AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT/samples/opencl/bin.

So far I have set my library path to find libOpenCL.so with:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/my_name_here/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4-lnx64/lib/x86_64/

At this point, im not really sure what to do. I have tried doing the 'make' command in the samples directory however i get fatal errors. I don't know whether I should be messing with the samples or what Sad

Sorry this is such a newb question, but I can't find any other resources about this online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
to run oclHashcat, you dont need to build the sample files. most important is:

a) setup ld_library_path and verify by doing "ldd oclHashcat64.bin" or whatever oclHashcat version you are using. all libraries should be found
b) copy the icd registration files to /etc
c) login to X11 with the same user which is running oclHashcat

however, this is not amd app sdk support forum. if you have questions about ask on their forum. make sure you have read AMD_APP_SDK_Installation_Notes.pdf in docs folder of SDK. it contains all the info you need.

(11-22-2011, 11:24 PM)atom Wrote: to run oclHashcat, you dont need to build the sample files. most important is:

a) setup ld_library_path and verify by doing "ldd oclHashcat64.bin" or whatever oclHashcat version you are using. all libraries should be found
b) copy the icd registration files to /etc
c) login to X11 with the same user which is running oclHashcat

however, this is not amd app sdk support forum. if you have questions about ask on their forum. make sure you have read AMD_APP_SDK_Installation_Notes.pdf in docs folder of SDK. it contains all the info you need.

Thank you for the help. Sorry for posting my troubles here, I am just having such a hard time getting it working correctly. I downloaded straight from AMD's archives and there is no installation notes pdf anywhere (only 'getting started' and 'faq').

The library libOpenCL.so.1 was not found when I did ldd, so I tried setting my library path again but still couldnt find it. I ended up copying the libOpenCL.so.1 file and putting it into the /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu folder. Now it finds all of the libraries but when I run an example I get 'ERROR: clGetPlatformIDs() -1001'

I can try posting on amd forums, thanks.