hashcat Forum

Full Version: Using Hashcat with vast.ai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Take it easy on me here, I am more beginner than I realised.

Due to hardware issues, I am looking to enlist the services of vast.ai for the time being.

I have used the service before for other stuff, but not hashcat.

I have headed over there, started up a machine using dizcza/docker-hashcat/, changed into the hashcat directory and copied over my hccapx file, and then ran hashcat as I would on my local machine, only getting the error twice that no hashes loaded (once in red and once in orange). I have double checked, and my hccapx file is definitely in the hashcat directory. The hccapx file is the very same one I was half way through on my local machine, so I know the file is OK.

I can run the benchmark and all goes fine, but no matter what I do, it just keeps coming up with the no hashes loaded errors.

My other question is, I am halfway through a recovery on my failed hardware at the moment. Can I transfer the .restore file over and continue from there?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
(05-05-2021, 10:35 AM)StillBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Take it easy on me here, I am more beginner than I realised.

Due to hardware issues, I am looking to enlist the services of vast.ai for the time being.

I have used the service before for other stuff, but not hashcat.

I have headed over there, started up a machine using dizcza/docker-hashcat/, changed into the hashcat directory and copied over my hccapx file, and then ran hashcat as I would on my local machine, only getting the error twice that no hashes loaded (once in red and once in orange). I have double checked, and my hccapx file is definitely in the hashcat directory. The hccapx file is the very same one I was half way through on my local machine, so I know the file is OK.

I can run the benchmark and all goes fine, but no matter what I do, it just keeps coming up with the no hashes loaded errors.

My other question is, I am halfway through a recovery on my failed hardware at the moment. Can I transfer the .restore file over and continue from there?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

I use docker bnzm5270 / hashcat myself and never had any problems, Read the FAQ on the Vast website about How do I upload / download files to my instance.
(05-05-2021, 10:57 AM)marc1n Wrote: [ -> ]I use docker bnzm5270 / hashcat myself and never had any problems, Read the FAQ on the Vast website about How do I upload / download files to my instance.

Thank you, I will have a look at that docker image.

I just shoved my files on github and used wget to get them into my instance.

I can't help thinking perhaps I am running the command incorrectly or something.

It is a talktalk keyspace I am working on, and I am using the same command as I would on my local machine.

./hashcat -m 2500 handshake.hccapx -a 3 -1 ABCDEFGHJKMNPQRTUVWXY346789 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?

The handshake is the same one I was in mid recovery of when my GPU threw a fit, so I know the handshake is good, and it has copied over into the instance and the hashcat directory just fine.
Quickly trying bnzm5270, I get the same issue.
(05-05-2021, 11:25 AM)StillBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Quickly trying bnzm5270, I get the same issue.

Delete ? at the end of ?1?1? ... You tried mod 2501?

./hashcat -a3 -w3 -m2500 handshake.hccapx -1 ABCDEFGHJKMNPQRTUVWXY346789 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
(05-05-2021, 12:31 PM)marc1n Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2021, 11:25 AM)StillBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Quickly trying bnzm5270, I get the same issue.

Delete ? at the end of ?1?1? ... You tried mod 2501?

./hashcat -a3 -w3 -m2500 handshake.hccapx -1 ABCDEFGHJKMNPQRTUVWXY346789 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

Unfortunately neither of those made a difference.

I have tried a couple of different dockers as well as a couple of different servers, and yet get the same every time.

The strange thing is I was running exactly the same .hccapx in Hashcat in my local machine, so I don't see how that could be bad.
I can't believe this, just tried the capture at:- https://hashcat.net/misc/example_hashes/hashcat.hccapx and it works perfectly, so somehow, although my capture works on my home machine, it does not work on the vast.ai server.

I will do up another capture and see whats going on.

Thank you for your help
Strange, I just recaptured, converted to hccapx using aircrack, uploaded to github, wget onto my instance, tried again, and still the same error.

Something strange is afoot here.
Are you using wget to download tge hccap from github? Are you downloading the github page on accident? Try uploading to transfer.sh and then wget the file in ssh.
its late, but

in your screenshots the mode/kernel tells that the minimum and maximum length for the password is 64, so ot has to be length 64

if you look at examples for 2501 it tells: Password: a288fcf0caaacda9a9f58633ff35e8992a01d9c10ba5e02efdf8cb5d730ce7bc

so your given mask is way to short and i think hahscat just skips to try these short mask because it does not meet the required length
Pages: 1 2 3