hashcat Forum

Full Version: Suggestion about the --show command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
It took ~5h to --show a 1.6 million lines potfile. The usage of the CPU (R5 3600) was 8%, and more precisely 100% on one thread.
Would it be possible to multithread this command? That would increase this process by 6-12+ times depending on the CPU. In my case that would have lasted around 25 minutes.
In theory yes, but the management of hashes is not the primary goal of the tool. Should be simple to write a standalone tool for management which is much faster.
(05-24-2021, 05:59 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]In theory yes, but the management of hashes is not the primary goal of the tool. Should be simple to write a standalone tool for management which is much faster.

that's true, but I don't think I am the only one who do no know how to code (even though I think I can do it with some research), and implementing this tool in hashcat would be so much easier
No it wont be easier, because of some structures. Such a tool is much easier written in a high level language.