hashcat Forum

Full Version: HC error: ADL_Overdrive5_CurrentActivity_Get(): -8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I've been successfully running hashtopolis Version 0.12.0 with a bunch of Intel Clients with Geforce GPUs.
At the moment I'm trying to connect two more clients to hashtopolis the same way I did the others. Registering the clients isn't the problem...actually having them join a task is. I keep getting the above mentioned error and I couldn't find a thread here explaining / solving this problem.

The difference between the two new clients and the other working ones is that they have an amd chipset and amd GPUs (AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT). I've tried updating the GPUs and chipsets with the latest official amd drivers and updating the crackers folder with the latest working hashcat version (6.2.3). I keep getting this error while trying to bruteforce ntlm hashes. All other clients start processing immediately except for the amd clients.

Can anybody help me out with this problem?

Thank you in advance!

error:

Downloading: [==================================================]
Client is up-to-date!
Got cracker binary type hashcat
Start chunk...
HC error: ADL_Overdrive5_CurrentActivity_Get(): -8
Sending keepalive progress to avoid timeout...
Error from server on solve: {'action': 'sendProgress', 'response': 'ERROR', 'message': 'Agent is marked inactive!'}
ERFOLGREICH: Der Prozess mit PID 14900 (untergeordnetem Prozess von PID 10892) wurde beendet.
ERFOLGREICH: Der Prozess mit PID 10892 (untergeordnetem Prozess von PID 512) wurde beendet.
finished chunk
Client is up-to-date!
No task available!
No task available!
No task available!
No task available!
This isn't a Hashtopolis forum, so please try to keep your questions/issues specific to Hashcat.

The ADL errors should be innocuous. The "-8" return value is ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED, which is a bit expected since OD5 is for pre-2014 GPUs. And while I'm not sure why that particular API is being called here, it simply means you won't get GPU utilization in the monitor.

It's difficult to tell what is actually happening here; I would speculate if it's not responding to keepalives then your GPUs may be experiencing an ASIC hang. But without actually running Hashcat manually on the affected system(s), it's all just smoke and mirrors.
(08-13-2021, 07:26 AM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a Hashtopolis forum, so please try to keep your questions/issues specific to Hashcat.

The ADL errors should be innocuous. The "-8" return value is ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED, which is a bit expected since OD5 is for pre-2014 GPUs. And while I'm not sure why that particular API is being called here, it simply means you won't get GPU utilization in the monitor.

It's difficult to tell what is actually happening here; I would speculate if it's not responding to keepalives then your GPUs may be experiencing an ASIC hang. But without actually running Hashcat manually on the affected system(s), it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Ok, thank you, will do!

I'll try to analyze the problem a bit further by running hashcat manually and see what happens.
I found the solution:
The cracking command only needed the following flag for the amd clients to work...

--optimized-kernel-enable

Thx again and take care!