hashcat Forum

Full Version: Cracking a bcrypt SHA1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey sisters, I'm aiming to crack a ten-digit password. 

I have the SHA1 hash of the password.
I have the .csv databreach that the password is found in. The passwords are stored in bcrypt.
I know the first six digits and I'm 90% certain of the seventh digit. From what I understand about hashes, I don't think this is really helpful at all for what I'm trying to do.
I attempted to crack the password using a dictionary attack, but it was not successful.
I believe this is because the algorithm of the hash I have, SHA1, is different from the hash algorithm in the csv databreach.
What can I do, if anything, to get this to work?

Thanks
You know that password consisits of 10 digits, you know some digits, and you have SHA1 from this password. That's enough. You don't need bcrypt or any additional info. Just use mask attack, and hashcat will find your password almost instantly.
i hope i got it right

you have a sha1 hash and hundreds of bcrypt hashes from a databreach, the only information is that your encrypted pass is inside these bcrypt hashes? well okay but this info is irrelevant (at most)

just try to crack your sha-1 hash with the others info you provided, 6 out of ten digits means hashcat just needs to bruteforce 10.000 combinations which is rediculous low