hashcat Forum

Full Version: Cracking through transformation in hex of passwords generated by mask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I've tried many solutions, unfortunately they all proved unsuccessful. My goal is to generate all possible combinations of eight characters among these: [a-z]+[A-Z]+[0-9]+[$£€], then to use only their equivalent hexadecimal half-string (e.g. € (20AC) -> $HEX[AC]) to test it on a hash.key file.

To give you an example:

1) a combination is generated => abcdefg€

2) this combination is transformed in hexadecimal format => 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 20AC

3) the combination is tested under this shape => $HEX[61626364656667AC]
notice: 20AC become only AC

Thanks in advance to ones who'll try to help me Big Grin
i dont get the point why you want to convert to hex?

btw € in Hex is E2 82 AC and not 20AC, so it is a 3 byte character
(01-31-2024, 06:37 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]i dont get the point why you want to convert to hex?

btw € in Hex is E2 82 AC and not 20AC, so it is a 3 byte character

Because for one type of wallet, I know some symbols (like the euro one) corrupt the password. When I use $HEX[AC] instead of €, I'm able to crack a wallet used for testing. So if the password of my wallet contains a similar symbol, It's necessary for me to transform my generated password in $HEX[] format
okay, the simplest way, use a maskfile for that, you will need 8 lines

€ is hex e2 82 ac
$ is hex 24
£ is hex c2 a3

so we have as single hex: 24 82 A3 AC C2 E2

first 2 lines in masks.txt, i assume your 8 char-positions is correct, you have to only change the position of ?2 until you have all possibilities, i started from the back, just go further till you reach position 1, this way hahscat will use 7 plain ascii chars added with a single byte according to your given input from €$ £

Code:
?l?u?d,2482A3ACC2E2,?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?2
?l?u?d,2482A3ACC2E2,?1?1?1?1?1?1?2?1

start hashcat like that (add your relevant options for -m, -O and so on)

hashcat -a3 --hex-charset hash.txt mask.txt

positive test with just 3 positions

Code:
Guess.Charset....: -1 ?l?u?d, -2 2482A3ACC2E2 , -3 Undefined, -4 Undefined
Candidates.#1....: $HEX[73e282] -> $HEX[5882e2]
Thank you so much mate!!!

It works perfectly