hashcat Forum

Full Version: Doubt of mask to include uppercase letter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I wrote below hashcat command and I wrote it to recover 10 length password that has uppercase/lowercase/digit/symbols.
So password example would be like this:
A6h=upaREz

hashcat.exe -m xxx -a 3 "hash.txt" ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a --increment --increment-min=10 --increment-max=10

But it throw error message.

Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask: ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a

So I had to remove mask and use this command.

hashcat.exe -m xxx -a 3 "hash.txt" --increment --increment-min=10 --increment-max=10

It will then use ?1?d?s mask which won't cover uppercase letter.
So what is the solution in this case?
Uppercase letter can appear at any position and how to recover it with default mask?
Isn't there solution?

Thanks in advance,
use a custom char set, heres an example

?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 -1 ?u?l?d?s

On a side note, if you read about maskprocessor for hashcat it could save you a huge amount of time:

https://github.com/hashcat/maskprocessor
The problem is there are too many integers to crack and you will never feasibly crack it in anytime you're on this earth. Anytime you run into an integer overflow it is because your bruteforce is too big. Limit your keyspace or use other methods of attack.
(04-15-2024, 09:18 AM)CmdFlaz Wrote: [ -> ]use a custom char set, heres an example

?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 -1 ?u?l?d?s

On a side note, if you read about maskprocessor for hashcat it could save you a huge amount of time:

https://github.com/hashcat/maskprocessor

Thanks for the reply.
It helped me understand maskprocessor for my case.

I have 2 questions using mask processor.

- Is there general approach to find all the possible masks?
- Once i confrimed all masks to run, is there approach to run all of them in consequence continusously? Currently if I try now, I have to run another manually after one finishes.