hashcat Forum

Full Version: Seperator unmatched.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, My current computer has bad specs so I'm about to run an attack over night on some vbulletin hashes that are in the following format:
Code:
fcxxabxx7fxx43xx77xxbfxx2axx8exx:yD#>xx=H)y!xxJmRxx!>yB$-]:eC4U
As you can see in this particular hash, hashcat will return with "Seperator unmatched" and carry on.
Due to the second ":" in the salt.

So my question is, Will it keep on running the hash assuming that the first ":" is the actual seperator?
What -m you're using?
Or post your command-line here.
(08-18-2012, 03:47 AM)M@LIK Wrote: [ -> ]What -m you're using?
Or post your command-line here.

Code:
./hashcat-cli32.bin -m 2711 -a 0 --rules=rules/best64.rule hash.txt ../wordlists/
This is not about the 2nd : it can handle it pretty good. You get "Seperator unmatched" if the : is not at possition 33 of the line. In your example it is, so thats a bit strange, you sure its this hash?
(08-19-2012, 10:24 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]This is not about the 2nd : it can handle it pretty good. You get "Seperator unmatched" if the : is not at possition 33 of the line. In your example it is, so thats a bit strange, you sure its this hash?

Yes im sure, hmm Ive always got it on salts with two colons, but it has still cracked the forementioned hashConfusedalts's.