hashcat Forum

Full Version: my Geforce Gtx 670 doesn't work with oclHashcat-plus-0.09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I've a problem with oclHashcat-plus-0.09 I can't use my Gpu for cracking hccap file, (handshake of my network) I tried with:

Backtrack 5 R3 (I use only BT)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 (with nvidia-current as driver)
I've an Intel processor, (I tell you this because in other cases I receveid the error No Amd etc..)
I tried with oclHashcat-lite-0.10 and oclHashcat-plus-0.09, (and cudahascat of course)
Handshake works with other programs, (like aircrack-ng, cowpatty, etc etc...)

When I run this command:
Code:
./cudaHashcat-plus32.bin -m 2500 hccapfile -a Wordlist
(I insert my hccap file and my wordlist of course)

I receive something like this:

Code:
Status.......: Running
Input.Mode...: Pipe
Hash.Target..: ESSID (BSSID <-> BSSID)
Hash.Type....: WPA/WPA2
Time.Running.: 3 mins, 40 secs
Time.Util....: 220034.2ms/0.0ms Real/CPU, 0.0% idle
Speed........:        0 c/s Real,        0 c/s GPU
Recovered....: 0/1 Digests, 0/1 Salts
Progress.....: 0
Rejected.....: 0
HWMon.GPU.#1.: -1% Util, 58c Temp, 36% Fan

(In Essid and Bssid there are the values of my network of course).

It seems that my Gpu doesn't work, (i read too many zero lol), it's probably that i did a stupid thing and I don't know lol

I'f I try with oclHashcat-plus32.bin or oclHashcat-lite-0.10 this is the resoult:
Code:
ERROR: No AMD/SDS compatible platform found
I know that program see my gpu because I receive many informations and this:
Code:
Device #1: GeForce GTX 670, 2047MB, 980Mhz, 7MCU
(and run perfectly with 3 monitor)

I have read other posts in this forum but I found no solution.

Could you help me?
Sorry for my terrible english lol and thank you very much ;-)

P.S. = I prefer to go crazy with the commands that use the gui
ocl versions are for AMD only, cuda is Nvidia. Hashcat-Lite doesnt work on WPA. ditch the -a command in your line not needed for dictionary only need path to directory or dictionary files.

./cudahashcat-plus32.bin -m 2500 hccapfile wordlist
(09-20-2012, 02:59 AM)The Mechanic Wrote: [ -> ]ocl versions are for AMD only, cuda is Nvidia. Hashcat-Lite doesnt work on WPA. ditch the -a command in your line not needed for dictionary only need path to directory or dictionary files.

./cudahashcat-plus32.bin -m 2500 hccapfile wordlist
First thank you very much for reply, oh yes I forgot to say that in my first test I write the same thing that you recommended me and I receive this:
Code:
ERROR: cuStreamSynchronize() 700
For this reason I thinked that something wrong, I thinked I wrote wrong and I wrote like in the first post, (with -a)...
Update driver please, looks like Backtrack ones are outdated
I upgraded my driver, now I've the 304.43, same error with cudaHashcat-plus32.bin:
Code:
ERROR: cuStreamSynchronize() 700
any ideas?
Try with -n 1 --gpu-loops 1
(09-20-2012, 11:10 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]Try with -n 1 --gpu-loops 1
same error, however thank you for support. I swear I'll solve this problem, is a matter of principle, (in italian "è una questione di principio", i don't know if exist the traduction in english lol)
(09-20-2012, 11:21 AM)cantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2012, 11:10 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]Try with -n 1 --gpu-loops 1
same error, however thank you for support. I swear I'll solve this problem, is a matter of principle, (in italian "è una questione di principio", i don't know if exist the traduction in english lol)
I got that error before but don't remember what was the cause of it. Here's a couple of suggestions:

- If I remember well, the latest WHQL driver are not enough, you need to go for the beta one starting at least at 306.02.

- Have you tried other hash types and do they work properly?
- Can you give us again the exact command line that you have used?
306.23 is WHQL.
(09-20-2012, 03:50 PM)M@LIK Wrote: [ -> ]306.23 is WHQL.
Ah, it's now released. I am outdated then. So yes, 306.23 would be the right one to pick.
Pages: 1 2