hashcat Forum

Full Version: Speed difference between 0.08 and 0.09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just noticed that when using the same wordlist, same computer with my GPU's and all other settings the same and just switch the 0.08 exe file to the 0.09 exe file I get a 20k password/second decrease. This is trying to crack WPA-keys. Haven't tried other algorithms. This also happens if I use all the files in the 0.09 package or vice versa with 0.08. So it's something with the exe file that does it.

Don't know if there's something else to it but when I switch back I get full speed again (the speed I had before I replaced the .exe.)

This speed is what I get with 0.08 and cracking WPA:
86065 c/s GPU

This speed is what I get with 0.09 and cracking WPA:
64416 c/s GPU

/ Marculito
Default workload settings have been changed to reduce desktop lags. You can re-adjust by settings --gpu-loops 4096 -n 32 or so by hand.
(10-13-2012, 02:59 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]Default workload settings have been changed to reduce desktop lags. You can re-adjust by settings --gpu-loops 4096 -n 32 or so by hand.

Thanks! That really helped Smile Now I got it up to 93000 instead of the old 86000 Tongue

Btw, modified the best64 rule and added years to it from 1990s to 2020.. and cracked a WPA-key that way Tongue in 16 minutes using an english wordlist (60Mb size). Nothing that have anything with this post to do but just wanted to thank for this great little piece of software Smile
hybrid attack would be much faster than using the rules engine for that, and it scales better.