hashcat Forum

Full Version: oclhashcat-plus32 freezing my desktop (and computer?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

This is my first post here, i do a lot of research before do this.

i have an amd HD7770 , and i try to crack some WPA hash. using the following command, in linux (cruanh bang linux,debian)

./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -m 2500 -a 3 XXX.hcap ?d?d?d?

when hit enter, the software start, but it freeze, in the part it shows some simple menu: [s] status , [q] ...etc..

it try several amd-catlysts: 12.8,12.9,12.10,12.11.. all fails.

the desktop freeze, a im not shure about the rest of the computer, but mouse and desktop freeze.

if i only use a shorter mask: ?d?d? , it works and return. if i put more characters, the software fails.

In windows it works fine, but i don't have a "good" copy of windows and i would like to use it in linux.

¿can any give me some hint? thank

best regards
I don't know what the problem can be but
Quote:./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -m 2500 -a 3 XXX.hcap ?d?d?d?
cannot work : a WPA password is at least 8 chars, and you specify only 3.
(11-18-2012, 07:25 PM)Mem5 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what the problem can be but
Quote:./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -m 2500 -a 3 XXX.hcap ?d?d?d?
cannot work : a WPA password is at least 8 chars, and you specify only 3.

yes, that is true, but only with 3 chars oclhash work, else it collapse. freeze.
some desktop lag is to be expected, since your cracking passwords with the same piece of hardware that also drives your display and graphical desktop. this can be made worse if you're using compositing window manager like compiz.

can you reproduce at console or over ssh?
(11-19-2012, 07:45 AM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]some desktop lag is to be expected, since your cracking passwords with the same piece of hardware that also drives your display and graphical desktop. this can be made worse if you're using compositing window manager like compiz.

can you reproduce at console or over ssh?

ah ok, perhaps is only the image of the desktop that is freeze... but i do other test, by pressing the "bloq num" when the issue arise, it does not change the green led, this is my signal of an freezed computer. And the only to do is restart the PC. Maybe i only must wait until the process end.

Thanks for the replies ¡¡¡ Smile