hashcat Forum

Full Version: Not a single percent of progress : (
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys : ) ,

i will try write this real fast not to waste anybody's time. Lets get started:

So today i thought it would be nice to get some higher speeds than my 1500keys/s on aircrack. So i followed 1 guide to get Hashcat (GUI) working, did everything as was said and here is the problem:

-using OclHashcat-plus , every version of every downloaded component is the newest from the site,
-got my Ati Mobility Radeon 6370 some nice 12.8 catalyst drivers today,
-set everything as i was supposed to

and when i finally got everything working and pressed [s]

It showed that the rejected percentage was... 100%

Kept pressing [s] for 5 minutes and still 0% progress. After that no matter what the settings were it wouldnt go any further in any case.

Here is the link to everything. My GUI settings, and cmd window.
[img=http://s2.postimage.org/zbfx0obw5/Disastrouslyamazingpicture.jpg]
Sorry for censorship, mom told me not to share everything with strangers, what can i do : (

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help, if i did something miserably wrong forgive me, I am new to this whole thing.

Have a nice day : )

PS: When i was uploading the image strangest thing happened. My pc froze and the screen went like 1% brightness. I barely could see what was on it. Hashcat was working so i thought that maybe it can be that the graphic card temp. was too high and it needed to cool off? Or sth is wrong with my laptop?
the problem is likely due to you using "combination" mode. oclHashcat-plus can only accept password candidates that are shorter than 16 characters, and by combining the words in your "premium_wordlist.txt" you are creating password candidates that are too long, and therefore rejected. try just doing a straight dictionary attack instead.

from your screenshot, your graphics card temp was only 49C, which is more than acceptable. so that would not be related to the issue you described. we cannot diagnose problems with your laptop. try rebooting it?
Hmm i tried to use the Straight option but i can't see a way to use my dictionary with it.

Or maybe you mean one of the two last options availible? But i would have to set the "rules" and i really dont know anything about it.

Here is a screenshot : http://postimage.org/image/azv32k6sb/
These are attack options i got availible and I can't set dictionary or length of the password.
The GUI you are using is a third party GUI developed by Blandy. It's not officially supported here, but maybe if you're lucky he will see your post and help answer your questions.

My advice is to just learn the command line.
Hi sensei, can u plz post the command lines generated by HashcatGUI by going to the "Commands" tab and clicking "Generate" on hashcat-plus section in the middle.
Hmm.. I already managed to run it through command line but nevertheless im posting the logs. Still was getting errors no matter what and there was a new one "Invalid argument".

oclHashcat-plus64.exe -a 1 -m 2500 -p : -o "Z:\pw_found.txt" --outfile-format=3 -n 800 --remove --gpu-loops=4096 --gpu-temp-abort=80 --gpu-temp-retain=70 "Z:\hasz\0.12\oclHashcat-plus-0.12\pw.hccap" "Z:\hasz\0.12\oclHashcat-plus-0.12\pw.txt" ""

Now I have 2 more questions, hope you will be able to help me find answers.

1. The speed under the command line was ~3500 passwords per second. I read that it should be much faster, and i wanna ask if i can somehow safely increase it with a command or anything : )

Using Ati Mobility Radeon HD 6370 as mentioned above. Theoretically it's 1gb but it always used to underperform in many cases

2. Where does the key save after the process? Is there a command to make it save somewhere specific?

Thanks in advance and greetings : )
Your -n and --gpu-loops values are WAY to high! Set them to these:

-n 40 --gpu-loops=1024

Change --gpu-loops=2048 if stable @ 1024.

As for you GPU speed, see what u get with the above.
I thought the newer version would scale you down appropriately if you went overboard with the -n values?
Only with -a0, I believe.
(01-10-2013, 11:33 AM)blandyuk Wrote: [ -> ]Your -n and --gpu-loops values are WAY to high! Set them to these:

-n 40 --gpu-loops=1024

Change --gpu-loops=2048 if stable @ 1024.

As for you GPU speed, see what u get with the above.

Thanks for advice.. I tried the 1024 and it was not that stable. The laptop was freezing like every 4 seconds but the speed got up to 4200/s. I would still like to know if it is possible to get more with my hardware. If not then thank you for all your help - everybody who wrote here.

Have a nice day : )
Pages: 1 2