hashcat Forum

Full Version: VCL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of setting up a VCL cluster and I've hit a snag:

castle oclHashcat-plus-0.12 # vclrun ./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict
ERROR: ADL_Main_Control_Create() is missing

I'm running tcpdump to watch traffic between the broker and opencld_1.2 and I see no traffic when I run the command above. This leads me to believe the problem is on the broker node.

I followed the guide from the wiki with one "minor" deviation... I'm using gentoo linux instead of ubuntu. I installed VCL according to the guide and re-wrote the init scripts for gentoo. I verified that the compute nodes work by running a test crack locally.

I googled the error above and found nothing useful. Is there a dependency I'm missing? Is there a way to get some verbose error messages out of vclrun or the broker?
you're using oclHashcat instead of vclHashcat
(01-29-2013, 10:52 PM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]you're using oclHashcat instead of vclHashcat

castle oclHashcat-plus-0.09 # vclrun ./vclHashcat-plus64.bin -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict
ERROR: clGetDeviceIDs() -1

progress? Still no communications between the broker and the node, so I'm still local. Just to verify:

castle ~ # ls -la /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Jan 29 2013 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -> vcl/libOpenCL.so.1

castle ~ # ls -la /usr/lib/vcl/
total 200
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 17 2013 .
drwxr-xr-x 29 root root 16384 Jan 29 2013 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 183695 Jan 17 2013 libOpenCL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Jan 17 2013 libOpenCL.so.1 -> libOpenCL.so
yes, or wait for the next release.
Just to highlight the comedy of this situation: I searched google for "ERROR: ADL_Main_Control_Create() is missing"

Google responded:

Did you mean MARIO: ADL_Main_Control_Create() is missing

No google... I did not. Wink
castle oclHashcat-plus-0.09 # vclrun ./vclHashcat-plus64.bin -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict
ERROR: ADL_Main_Control_Create() is missing

So I'm using vclHashcat and I'm getting the same error. Is there any way to get more meaningful error messages out of vclrun or the broker?
The error is from hashcat, not vcl. It is expecting to find the AMD Display Library for temp reporting, fan control, etc.

Try running hashcat with --gpu-temp-disable
Wondering if we should switch that automatically to off in the vcl* binary...
yeah it would make sense to do that. you can probably just comment out all the ADL code.
Can one of you guys 0x029A and epixoip create a ticket for this please?