hashcat Forum

Full Version: 2x7970 clBuildProgram() -11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi, first sorry for my english Smile

I've PC with 2x7970 Thaiti GPU, Gigabyte.
Catalyst 12.8 (but i had 13.1 and make downgrade).

When I start oclHashCat 0.12 or 0.13 its doesn't work,
i've error: m000_a1.Thaiti_1084.4_1084.4 (VM).kernel not found;
ERROR: clBuildProgram() -11
but when I start old version HashCat-Lite like 0.5.1 its work, but i must change date Smile

MD5 speed about 2x9500 mln/s on max performace Smile

Any idea ?
you probably did not properly remove the old driver.
normal uninstall and reboot is not enough?
no, you must use driver fusion.
It's incredibly depressing that AMD cannot make an uninstaller to remove their own software ! Sad

If it gets to the point when they have to rely on third party software to do it for them I would start to question their abilities as programmers.

If someone fully understands the procedure for a full UN-installation of AMD drivers from a Windows OS would they please consider writing a page on the hashcat wiki ?

I am sure this question will reappear and it would be nice to be able to point users to a wiki page.

Thanks.
the problem is it changes with nearly each release. someone recently reported that driver fusion cannot cleanly remove 13.2.
(01-31-2013, 04:40 PM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]the problem is it changes with nearly each release. someone recently reported that driver fusion cannot cleanly remove 13.2.

Thank you for your reply.

This is what I feared, which is why I hoped a wiki page would get us most of the way there. I hoped that it would only take a few amendments each new driver release to keep it updated.

I am just trying to reduce the likelyhood of many forum threads asking why their new version of oclhashcat-plus isn't working when they have to update to the latest drivers.

Personally my cracking machine is on a ghost image so I literally just format and re-load, the only sure way to remove AMD !!! Big Grin

Not everyone can do that, so I was just thinking of them.
are you volunteering to create and maintain this wiki article? Smile
(01-31-2013, 06:48 PM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]are you volunteering to create and maintain this wiki article? Smile

Another one ?

oh dear, I just knew this was coming.

I only write about things I am 99% certain of, I might cause more harm than good and I don't like having to ask atom to check everything I have written as that defeats the point of me doing it.

Unless you are questioning my contribution to the hashcat project ? Smile

Wanna play that game ? Tongue
Already made a start.
Pages: 1 2