hashcat Forum

Full Version: ERROR: cuLaunchKernel() 999
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-11-2013, 09:50 AM)Rolf Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, it has nothing to do with the OS.

I suggested downgrading just because I'm using those drivers.

One last thing.
A fellow coder had some issues with sm_21 lately(that's your card's architecture), so my last suggestion will be a wee weird: go to pluscat\kernels\4318 and rename ALL the sm_20 kernels to sm_21.
Actually, I've done this for ya, so just download this archive and extract the contents to the folder I mentioned above, overwriting current kernels.
It'll be a Frankenstein, but it'll should still work(if the 999 error is gone) with minimal speed loss.
Try that and let me know if that changes anything.
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it, I'l try it later when I got home...Thanks again mate...
Still error 999...
Done what you said, downgrade driver and replaced sm_20...

Its so confusing, my old 8400gs has no problem running hashcat plus but my GT440 and GT630 wont run a bit... ERROR: cuLaunchKernel() 999...

All gpu's running on win7 ultimate x86...

Maybe youre right that my cards architecture is the culprit of that error... =(
(02-11-2013, 04:07 PM)corex Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe youre right that my cards architecture is the culprit of that error... =(
Nope, we made sure it's not that by doing kernel shenanigans.
I'm out of ideas.
(02-12-2013, 08:18 AM)Rolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 04:07 PM)corex Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe youre right that my cards architecture is the culprit of that error... =(
Nope, we made sure it's not that by doing kernel shenanigans.
I'm out of ideas.

Anyways thanks for the help mate..

Does anyone here has the same problem with this cards?
Atom has a sm_21 card, but it's working a-ok.
Anyways, only he can help you from here.
(02-12-2013, 02:32 PM)Rolf Wrote: [ -> ]Atom has a sm_21 card, but it's working a-ok.
Anyways, only he can help you from here.

Hoping he see's this thread and give us some tips to fix this problem...
Thanks again for helping me out...
hmm that actually remember me on a problem we had with very old cuda 3.2 and i had a workaround for this. did they reintroduce this bug? i will change something and use it in the next version. please try it then and report if it worked.
Thanks, looking forward to your next version...Cant wait to test it...
Hello, I can also confirm this error too... Using a GTX 550 Ti. I tried the fixes, but they didn't work.. Hoping this can be patched soon . Thank you!

PS, Any updates on this issue?
I also wanted to mention that I tried using version 0.13 and version 0.12 (and I was using the 314 forceware [the latest released])

I also tried the 301.something forceware... same cuLaunchKernel () 999 error...

and oh yes, thank you for this awesome software... You devs are the GODS in this field
Pages: 1 2 3