hashcat Forum

Full Version: multi hccaps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to load multiple hccaps in the same session? I've tried:

./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -m 2500 --gpu-loops=1024 -n 160 -a3 first.hccap second.hccap third.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -m 2500 --gpu-loops=1024 -n 160 -a3 first.hccap, second.hccap, third.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

but they didn't work?
Not possible for the moment, because each hccap has a different ESSID.
Set only one hccap file.
(03-19-2013, 09:21 AM)Mem5 Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible for the moment, because each hccap has a different ESSID.
Set only one hccap file.

Thank you Mem5!
Just create a .sh file with multiple oclhashcat entries.
(03-19-2013, 07:48 AM)tanoury Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to load multiple hccaps in the same session? I've tried:

./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -m 2500 --gpu-loops=1024 -n 160 -a3 first.hccap second.hccap third.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -m 2500 --gpu-loops=1024 -n 160 -a3 first.hccap, second.hccap, third.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

but they didn't work?

This used to be a constant request of mine when oclhashcat first offered WPA decryption.

The workaround is that you can set multiple instances of oclhashcat running at the same time, each with their own .hccap.

I have not noticed a speed loss in total, (all .hccaps added together). When one is found the speed increases on the others. Smile
(03-19-2013, 02:11 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2013, 07:48 AM)tanoury Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to load multiple hccaps in the same session? I've tried:

but they didn't work?

This used to be a constant request of mine when oclhashcat first offered WPA decryption.

The workaround is that you can set multiple instances of oclhashcat running at the same time, each with their own .hccap.

I have not noticed a speed loss in total, (all .hccaps added together). When one is found the speed increases on the others. Smile
Running multiple caps at the same time natively only makes sense when the essid is the same.
(03-19-2013, 02:41 PM)Rolf Wrote: [ -> ]Running multiple caps at the same time natively only makes sense when the essid is the same.

Hi Rolf, thanks for your reply.

Yes I understand what you mean, in the end there is no speed advantage to this approach. However its nice to sometimes see which one breaks first Smile
Kinda.
Or if you own a website, which offers recovery for caps.
You would not want to read the same wordlist over and over and over again, unless it's on a ramdisk.
Please create a ticket on TRAC and ask for support for loading multiple entries from a single .hccap file. This is easy to implement, but if its not on TRAC I am not constantly reminded on it Smile
(03-21-2013, 02:26 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]Please create a ticket on TRAC and ask for support for loading multiple entries from a single .hccap file. This is easy to implement, but if its not on TRAC I am not constantly reminded on it Smile

Can I ask something please ? I asked for multiple .hccap loading when you first added WPA to oclhashcat. At the time you said we could not have it.

I think tanoury is asking for the same thing again. It is not loading multiple AP's from a single .hccap file but loading many seperate .hccap files.

At the moment for WPA we can only add one hccap file at a time.

tanoury and my request was to allow the user to do the following....

oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 -a3 first.hccap second.hccap third.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

first.hccap, second.hccap, third.hccap are all seperate captures.

Is this possible now ? If so I will word the ticket in that way.

Thank you Smile
Pages: 1 2