hashcat Forum

Full Version: Why is WPA/WPA2 maxlength limited to 15?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a technical or implementation reason behind this limitation in hashcat?
speed optimization. this will change with the next release at the cost of speed.
(06-22-2013, 02:22 AM)radix Wrote: [ -> ]speed optimization. this will change with the next release at the cost of speed.

That's great news. Looking forward to it.

Can't you just put that warning in the README or faq section in the wiki?
The wiki page there just states the 15 char limitation at the bottom but it doesn't say anything about the performance implications of allowing >15 characters. Perhaps I missed something?
(06-22-2013, 05:00 AM)greatwolf Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki page there just states the 15 char limitation at the bottom but it doesn't say anything about the performance implications of allowing >15 characters. Perhaps I missed something?

That would have required the use of the search function
There will be no speed loss for slow hashes like WPA/WPA2
(06-23-2013, 10:06 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]There will be no speed loss for slow hashes like WPA/WPA2

Is there any news on when the next release with >15 char support for wpa(2) will make it out? I'm really looking forward to it.
It's already working. Just wait for release.