hashcat Forum

Full Version: cuda hashcat plus error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Pretty new to hashcat, but have been cracking with JtR and Cain for a while.
I have a bunch of NTLM hashes to crack from a PWDump file, cut the NTLM hashes out and into a separate file and seemed to be going well, however when I started hashcat I got an error.

Any idea on what it is I need to do to fix this, or could someone explain what it is.

Code:
cudaHashcat-plus v0.15 by atom starting...

Hashes: 70 total, 1 unique salts, 55 unique digests
Bitmaps: 9 bits, 512 entries, 0x000001ff mask, 2048 bytes
Workload: 512 loops, 80 accel
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c
Device #1: GeForce GTX 670, 2048MB, 980Mhz, 7MCU
Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled, it might cause you erro
rs of code 702
           You can disable it with a regpatch, see here: http://hashcat.net/wiki
/doku.php?id=timeout_patch
Device #2: GeForce GTX 670, 2048MB, 980Mhz, 7MCU
Device #2: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled, it might cause you erro
rs of code 702
           You can disable it with a regpatch, see here: http://hashcat.net/wiki
/doku.php?id=timeout_patch
ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209

Cheers
Why do you use v0.15 of oclHashcat-plus?

Download 1.00 from http://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/ and update the NV driver to match the requirements.
Oh! haha, i only downloaded it the other day as well! must have found a legacy page. I'll download latest version and see how it goes.

EDIT:
Ah, all working thank you, although it didn't seem to like my file of LMhashes using attack mode 3000 for LM.

PwDump cut field 3 for LM and cut field 4 for NTLM.
Works on the NTLM and finds the hashes fine, but just skips the entire LM file.
Also I'm running from Cygwin, are there no status updates on keypress? Similar to JtR, on Linux press a key and get % completed, doesn't have it on windows JtR as default.
(12-12-2013, 09:28 PM)baggman Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! haha, i only downloaded it the other day as well! must have found a legacy page. I'll download latest version and see how it goes.

EDIT:
Ah, all working thank you, although it didn't seem to like my file of LMhashes using attack mode 3000 for LM.

PwDump cut field 3 for LM and cut field 4 for NTLM.
Works on the NTLM and finds the hashes fine, but just skips the entire LM file.
For LM hashes, you have to separate the 2 halves of the hash to get them cracked.
(12-12-2013, 10:06 PM)baggman Wrote: [ -> ]Also I'm running from Cygwin, are there no status updates on keypress? Similar to JtR, on Linux press a key and get % completed, doesn't have it on windows JtR as default.
I thik that It's the ENTER key that gives the status update for JTR in Windows. I find that sometimes I need to press it twice to work. Otherwise, I don't know if I am alone but JTR often crashes without giving any error messages. It looks like it's working but you can't do the status update. Hashcat is way better.