hashcat Forum

Full Version: Not your usual problem with converting a .cap to a .hccap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
O great hashcat coding gods I need your help!

I'm having trouble converting a WPA .cap file to a .hccp. I know what your thinking this guy just didn't capture the 4 way handshake properly but no. The problem is only when I capture the file from my wifi pineapple. I can crack the captured file with aircrack, but when I try and convert it I get an [error ] unable to find valid handshakes. If I capture the handshake from my pc I'm able to convert it with ease.

Here is some addition info about the wifi pineapple.
cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.3.8 (sebkinne@buildtop) (gcc version 4.6.3 20120201 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 4.6-2012.02) ) #31 CET 2013
sounds like an aircrack problem, not hashcat.
I agree the problem isn't with Hashcat its self but converting a captured file to a useable hashcat format. Aircrack no longer supports the -J conversion option I was hoping to get help with the cap2hccap program. (Even tho most of it was taking from aircrack)
Yes it does, pull it from svn.

~/Code/aircrack-ng/src$ ./aircrack-ng --help

Aircrack-ng 1.2 beta2 r2365 - (C) 2006-2013 Thomas d'Otreppe
http://www.aircrack-ng.org

usage: aircrack-ng [options] <.cap / .ivs file(s)>

WPA-PSK options:

-E <file> : create EWSA Project file v3
-J <file> : create Hashcat Capture file
-S : WPA cracking speed test
I was able to convert the .cap using aircrack-ng 1.2 beta2! I still don't know why the cap2hccap program doesn't work with captures from my pineapple but does work with captures from my pc.

At this point I don't care. Yay thanks for your help.