hashcat Forum

Full Version: Can a dictionary be combined with a mask (for unicode) ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the following to process some "unicode" hashes... they're ASCII though, so every second number is zero. (yeah!)

I'm on 16 characters now (8 character password + a zero after each), and at 100MH/s it's estimated 24 days to complete. Blah.

These are my hash switches:
cudaHashcat64.exe -a 3 -m 300 --outfile-format=15 --outfile-autohex-disable --outfile=passwords.txt --hex-charset REAL.hash -1 ?l?d?u -2 NULL.hcchr ?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2

I've been learning about dictionary attacks, and using some of the rules that come with the oclHashcat download to reduce the key space by a tremendous amount, while still getting passwords like w3lcome123.

But I've not found anything in the instructions about mixing dictionaries with masks - most of the time I doubt it would even make logical sense.

In this case though, I'm trying to intersperse the dictionary characters with [NULL] as that's how they end up being hashed in the system I'm looking at. So "welcome" actually equals "w0e0l0c0o0m0e0"

So all I have is the brute force approach I've come up with, I see no way of shrinking the permutations.

Does anyone have any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. You'll never guess what!
sha1_hex(sha1_raw(pass)) (what I was looking for recently) is actually option -m 300.... the same as MySQL.

It would be nice to have a list of the simpler hashes used for the custom hash function list. I only found MySQL was sha1_hex(sha1_raw(pass)) after a lot of looking, yet it certainly deserves a place in the generic hashing list in the --help text.