hashcat Forum

Full Version: Apples Password Helper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if someone could help me Im desperate. I have an encrypted external hard drive with all of my pictures on it and I don't know what to do I encrypted it using Appels built in encryption on a mac. All I know is the password is 12 characters long and it was chosen under memorable with Apples Password Helper. Im pretty sure it uses PBKDF2.
Please help me. I beg you.
(03-08-2015, 03:00 AM)drew5494 Wrote: [ -> ]Please help me. I beg you.

Sorry, but get some manners and start your own thread. Hijacking threads is a no-go (not only here).
Appels built in encryption is not supported, sorry
(03-08-2015, 12:40 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]Appels built in encryption is not supported, sorry
Thanks for the response but doesn't Hashcat support pbkdf2 encryption?
(03-08-2015, 03:26 AM)Flomac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2015, 03:00 AM)drew5494 Wrote: [ -> ]Please help me. I beg you.

Sorry, but get some manners and start your own thread. Hijacking threads is a no-go (not only here).

Im not sure what you mean.
You hijacked someone else's thread by posting your own question on someone else's question. This is against the forum rules, and also why your question was split out into a separate thread.

No, Hashcat does not support Apple DMG format. Support for PBKDF2 is only a fraction of what is required to crack this algorithm.
I don't know much about apple dmg but john the ripper supports it. can try that