hashcat Forum

Full Version: Problem trying the example .pccap file + my wifi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a beginner in oclHashcat. I found problems during cracking my wifi. In order to understand what's happening, I tried with the example .pccap file http://hashcat.net/misc/example_hashes/hashcat.hccap in http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes

The pw should be hashcat!, but the status of the cmd was EXHAUSTED even "hashcat!" was included in the password list.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=322]

The .bat
[Image: attachment.php?aid=320]
The pw list
[Image: attachment.php?aid=321]

=================================================

Similar problem occurred during the cracking of my wifi. The pw of it is 123456123. When I used aircrack-ng to crack the file in ".cap" with the same dictionary file, the key could be found successfully. After I converted the .cap file to .pccap through an online converter, and used the .pccap file in oclhashcat with the command
[Image: attachment.php?aid=323]
the result was EXHAUSTED too
[Image: attachment.php?aid=324]

How to fix it? Any help is appreciated !
Using cudaHashcat 1.36 - also unable to crack the provided example hccap from here.

I don't see any Trac tickets concering the issue, but there were similar issues with some NVIDIA kernels in version 1.35.
It would be great if you can also mention GPU models and number of devices (please also test with -d 1 for multi-GPU systems) and the exact driver version.

Please also test with a mask like -a 3 'hashcat!' (for linux only - quotes are needed for *nix based systems for the question mark) or -a 3 hashcat! (windows does not need quotes) instead of a wordlist (which could contain whitespace - space, tabs,... - or special encodings, unicode or others).

Maybe you can also test with different (supported) driver versions to make sure that it doesn't depend on a specific (older) driver version.

Don't hesitate to open a trac ticket if you double-checked the problem and it still is unable to crack.
I installed an older version of Nvidia driver 350.12->347.09, and I can have the passwords cracked. Thanks!

I have a stupid question...Where can I see the password just being cracked ?
(05-29-2015, 05:20 AM)okman0060 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed an older version of Nvidia driver 350.12->347.09, and I can have the passwords cracked. Thanks!

I have a stupid question...Where can I see the password just being cracked ?

Just put -o found.txt in your command line. Your password will be stored in the found.txt file.
You can run oclhashcat with --show
@okman0060 could you please test different versions of the nvidia driver.
For instance the 352.x driver versions etc.

This information would be very very helpful for the oclHashcat devs. Unfortunately, afaik no dev was able to reproduce the problem so far. That is also why a detailed (and maybe complete) overview of which driver version work for you and which dont would be highly appreciated. thx