hashcat Forum

Full Version: Best card for Descrypt and md5apr1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i need to upgrade my home computer so i started by adding a SSD to the c:\ and new ram now i have an old Geforce card that i need to upgrade so here is my question, for 300/400€ what is the best GPU i can buy to crack Descrypt and md5apr1?

i was watching Sappphire Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5 TRI-X
but is it a better card more updated out there for me ?
thanks in advance
GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti, GTX Titan X. Buy whichever you can afford.
(06-15-2015, 10:51 AM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti, GTX Titan X. Buy whichever you can afford.

but aren't the Radeons best or faster or this is not true anymore ? im a bit outdated :p
you are outdated.
(06-15-2015, 12:48 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]you are outdated.

ok since i have to spend a lot more cash what is the best gpu for less than 800€?
well, you can get a single GTX 970 for ~330€ which is your initial budget.
If descrypt is really important for you, you better go AMD. The 290x is still the fastest card to crack descrypt hashes. A stock clocked 290x is faster than a +220Mhz overclocked Titan X.

But note, this is unique to descrypt!! For all other algorithm, also for md5apr1 (md5crypt), things are like epixoip said.
hi atom thanks for that point of view. i need to crack DES but no only DES so im probably goin with the 980 TI
(06-16-2015, 11:46 AM)droidman Wrote: [ -> ]hi atom thanks for that point of view. i need to crack DES but no only DES so im probably goin with the 980 TI
Good choice, it has high perf/$ and perf/W ratios.