hashcat Forum

Full Version: Has anyone tried AMD A series APU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first foray into password cracking and I don't have much of a clue about it. Based on Rob Graham's blog post on Errata Sec and some of the bitcoin info, I picked up a Radeon HD6950. I was going to slap it into a machine at work, then I realized my work motherboard only has a PCI-E 8x slot.

Now I'm building a new machine and I'm curious whether oclHashcat would be able to use both the on-die APU and the discrete GPU. I'm trying to minimize power & heat, so I don't want to get a monster case and cram it with lots of cards. The choice is basically between the AMD A series, or a low-power CPU and only a single GPU.

Thanks for any tips!
Yes, I tried, but on plain brute force, and works perfectly. Next week will attach not one, but 2 HD6950 to it (one on pciex 1). If to be exact on what motherboard used for my nodes:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_CPU...35M1M_PRO/
Didn't realize it was possible to attach a 16x to a 1x. Is there a riser? I haven't worked with hardware in years and I can see most of my knowledge is obsolete.

Any way, thanks for the response. I'm going to put the order in and finally stop obsessing about it Smile