hashcat Forum

Full Version: Trying several numbers at various positions within words in a wordlist after combine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I've been reading for the better part of a week here and finding myself answering my own questions with just the proper reading.  One I'm unable to answer thus far however, is let's say I have created a word list with the combinator utility.  Now I want to process that using some rules (the top_5000.rule shared on the forum).  However, perhaps I wanted to add the number "1001" at every possible position because I know it's a strong possibility it's contained in the password, just not *where*.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks a lot,

MP
You can do this with rule chaining
(05-06-2016, 06:19 PM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this with rule chaining

I'll look into that, thanks a lot for the tip!
In addition to this you might also want to look at tmesis.pl from hashcat-utils
(05-06-2016, 10:12 PM)epixoip Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to this you might also want to look at tmesis.pl from hashcat-utils

Oh believe me I will.  I'm trying to leave no stone unturned.  The interesting part of this all is I only started looking into it because a friend of mine lost their password to their crypto wallet and I have a rig here with GPU's I was using for mining.  I've been a developer/unix admin for years now but this is a new realm for me.  They've given me a string that's known to be the passphrase, they just can't remember what order and case the parts of it are in precisely.  Toss in "I think 1001 is in there somewhere but I can't remember where" and you have a recipe for days of hashing ;Wink  Thanks very much again!