hashcat Forum

Full Version: ERROR: clCreateContext() : -2 : CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hashcat64.exe -a 0  -m 9500 hash.txt u.txt

OpenCL Platform #1: Intel(R) Corporation
========================================
- Device #1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E6850  @ 3.00GHz, 2043/8175 MB allocatable, 2MCU

Hashes: 1 hashes; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1
Applicable Optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger disabled

Initializing device kernels and memory...

ERROR: clCreateContext() : -2 : CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR

Running Intel 16.1. I can't find 16.2.
Windows 8 64 bit.

Any Ideas?  I have also reinstalled open CL.
It's a pure OpenCL runtime error. Not Hashcat fault, 100%. Sorry. All I can think of is to true a different OpenCL runtime. For example POCL, but that requires you to install Linux.
(07-01-2016, 09:09 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]It's a pure OpenCL runtime error. Not Hashcat fault, 100%. Sorry. All I can think of is to true a different OpenCL runtime. For example POCL, but that requires you to install Linux.

Thank you for the info. It is was I thought, I was just posting to see if anyone had the same issue.
I got this exact problem after formatting and have no idea what causes it.. I have not bin able to find a solution for the past few hours
(07-01-2016, 02:20 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I got this exact problem after formatting and have no idea what causes it.. I have not bin able to find a solution for the past few hours

Me either, I have tried different versions of OpenCL and different  processors. 

very odd
You maybe need to uninstall intel opencl sdk, then remove opencl.dll and opencl32.dll manually, then reinstall intel opencl sdk. in that order and with a reboot in between each step. That one helped a friend