hashcat Forum

Full Version: ERROR: clGetDeviceIDs() -1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody
I'm currently running The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux 1.0 on virtualbox and i'am trying to get oclHashcat to work ( to benefit from the speed of the gpu of my machine).

Running this command: ./oclHashcat64.bin -a 0 -m 300 hash.txt  option-t.txt 
return this error : ERROR: clGetDeviceIDs() -1  as shown in the first figure

Running this command: lspci | grep VGA
return the second figure 

What should i do to solve this problem please ? i really need your help thank you in advance .

Is there any specific reason for why are you running it in a VM? I really don't think the VM has access to the GPU at the level that hashcat needs, so you should run hashcat under your host OS instead. If you absolutely need to run it from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux 1.0 (which is quite outdated BTW) but don't want to install it you could put The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) on a bootable USB stick and run it in live mode, but you would have to reinstall the OpenCL drivers every time.
(07-04-2016, 05:46 PM)MsChievous Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any specific reason for why are you running it in a VM? I really don't think the VM has access to the GPU at the level that hashcat needs, so you should run hashcat under your host OS instead. If you absolutely need to run it from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux 1.0 (which is quite outdated BTW) but don't want to install it you could put The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) on a bootable USB stick and run it in live mode, but you would have to reinstall the OpenCL drivers every time.
Thank you very much for your answer and interest. I tried to use the gui version on my windows 8 but i doesn't know how to execute it, i tried also to use it on the command line but i had this error .
oclHashcat v2.01 is outdated. Please use hashcat v3.00
(07-06-2016, 09:03 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]oclHashcat v2.01 is outdated. Please use hashcat v3.00
Can i use my GPU in the crack by using hascat ?
Quote:Can i use my GPU in the crack by using hascat ?

Hashcat-3.0.0 now is Fusion of hashcat and oclHashcat (CPU + GPU). You can read more in the announcement here.
Thanks a lot for this article it seems to be interesting i will read it, last questions please, even cudahashcat is outdated ? and did i need to install something on my pc to improve his speed or ability to find passwords) ?
(07-08-2016, 04:34 PM)HassTou Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for this article it seems to be interesting i will read it, last questions please, even cudahashcat is outdated ? and did i need to install something on my pc to improve his speed or ability to find passwords) ?

Download hashcat 3.0.0 and use that. This is the latest version.