hashcat Forum

Full Version: PeopleSoft Salted Hash Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AFAIK, hashcat currently only supports regular PeopleSoft hashes (-m 133), which are 28-character long Base64 strings, which I believe are generated using the PeopleCode Hash() function.

PeopleCode also has a salted hash function, called HashWithSalt(), which neither Hashcat nor JTR seem to support. I do not know the specifics of the algorithm which is used for this hash, but it has the same format as Hash(), except it begins with {1}.

{1}f+B0qgfNYGoedmHr2doZ+rN2Kso= (this is not a real hash, but shares the same format as HashWithSalt)

If anyone knows a way to use hashcat for this hash type in it's current implementation, please let me know. Otherwise, it would be great if this could be added to HC.
If the algorithm is unknown someone needs to RE it first. Then we can add it to hashcat.
(01-27-2017, 05:55 PM)polarbear35 Wrote: [ -> ]PeopleCode also has a salted hash function, called HashWithSalt(), which neither Hashcat nor JtR seem to support. I do not know the specifics of the algorithm which is used for this hash, but it has the same format as Hash(), except it begins with {1}. 

{1}f+B0qgfNYGoedmHr2doZ+rN2Kso= (this is not a real hash, but shares the same format as HashWithSalt)

Can you please post some sample test hashes with known passwords?