hashcat Forum

Full Version: Whirlpool Salted Password Decryption (Help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so Im currently having a script with 5~10 hashes created by 

Text+"salt"  )- Whirlpool hashed

For example my salt is cude2ziga and my password is 123456 and my hash is XXX (IDK if am allowed to post it)

I want to use both salt and hash to get the final password.

I just downloaded hashcat today but I need some help.

hashcat64.exe -m 6100 -a 3 -o cracked.txt --outfile-format=3 hashes.txt ?a?a?a?a?a?a?cude2ziga --force

my goal from this query is to take the hash from "hashes.txt" and bruteforce with the salt and the output in cracked.txt as hash:123456

p.s: I just downloaded the basic folder, I didn't add any thing. 

Thanks Smile.
You have to treat the salt as a known part of the whole password (as you already suggested) and do some pre/postprocessing.
(05-13-2017, 03:59 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]You have to treat the salt as a known part of the whole password (as you already suggested) and do some pre/postprocessing.

Ye thanks, but I don't know how can I treat it like this in the "hashcat" and Im not sure if the query I wrote is correct/working..
(05-13-2017, 03:28 PM)moemen Wrote: [ -> ]hashcat64.exe -m 6100 -a 3 -o cracked.txt --outfile-format=3 hashes.txt ?a?a?a?a?a?a?cude2ziga

something like this will work (assuming the last ? in the mask was a typo)
Do I need to install any kind of libraries? it doesn't seem working here. Im talking about the whole program.
If you want help you need to be more specific than "doesn't seem to work".