hashcat Forum

Full Version: Help using --increment in the middle of a text file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!
I'm a little new with rules... I am wondering how can I insert four digits after the 6th symbol of the word 

ignorediddy would be the dictionary word  and then insert the whole keyspace 0001-9999 after the 6th character
ignore0001diddy 
ignore9999diddy etc. 

also, will it work in Straight (-a 0) mode?
In other words, what would the command be like?
Thanks!
If you always want to insert numbers exactly at position 6, you could generate some rules on the fly like this (attention: with longer numbers and additional insert positions - in addition to position 6 - the rule files could get way too large):

Code:
mp64 'i5?d i6?d i7?d i8?d' > insert_numbers_after_6th_pos.rule

hashcat -m 0 -a 0 -w 4 -r insert_numbers_after_6th_pos.rule hashes.txt dict.txt

As said if the input and the positions should be much more varying, you probably would need to change to different approaches (including some dictionary splitting/precomputations and/or pipes to hashcat or you need to use other tools from hashcat-utils or use hashcat's stdout option).
(05-15-2017, 02:27 PM)philsmd Wrote: [ -> ]If you always want to insert numbers exactly at position 6, you could generate some rules on the fly like this (attention: with longer numbers and additional insert positions - in addition to position 6 - the rule files could get way too large):

Code:
mp64 'i5?d i6?d i7?d i8?d' > insert_numbers_after_6th_pos.rule

hashcat -m 0 -a 0 -w 4 -r insert_numbers_after_6th_pos.rule hashes.txt dict.txt

As said if the input and the positions should be much more varying, you probably would need to change to different approaches (including some dictionary splitting/precomputations and/or pipes to hashcat or you need to use other tools from hashcat-utils or use hashcat's stdout option).

I did the code, the output in the .rule file appears to be:
Code:
'i50
'i51
'i52
'i53
'i54
'i55
'i56
'i57
'i58
'i59

There has to be an invalid argument, hascat 3.5 says
Skipping invalid or unsupported rule in file (on every line)
No valid rules left.
Of course you need to use maskprocessor correctly (depending on the shell you use).

E.g. if you use windows, you might need to quote differently, e.g. like this:
Code:
mp64 "i5?d i6?d i7?d i8?d" > insert_numbers_after_6th_pos.rule

I'm not using windows or an other particularly strange terminal emulator, so I don't know what exact quoting syntax you need to use for command line arguments on your particular system (and furthermore I don't even have the info about which terminal/OS you use). This should be very obvious that you need to get the quotes correct