hashcat Forum

Full Version: oclHashcat-plus v0.06 - brute-force attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Atom,

do you have an eta for implementing bruteforce into oclHashcat-plus?

I am eagerly waiting for this capability as I am unaware of any other utility able to deal with MD5-crypt in this fashion using ATI GPU's.

Thanks in advance.
its not a easy task so it will take some time. but you can already bruteforce md5crypt. take a looks at our wiki pages: http://hashcat.net/wiki/brute_force_in_oclhashcat_plus
(10-27-2011, 09:26 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]its not a easy task so it will take some time. but you can already bruteforce md5crypt. take a looks at our wiki pages: http://hashcat.net/wiki/brute_force_in_oclhashcat_plus

I'm following the steps in the wiki but every time I try to run the bruteforce attack with the rule file I generated with maskprocessor I get Status: Exhausted 2 seconds into the attack.

[Image: MjBbi.png]

Or is bruteforcing WPA passwords still not ready yet? I guess I'll try to bruteforce an md5crypt to see if the problem persist.
First "?dabcdef" is still a very limited charset. Second, WPA forces choosing a password of a minimum of 8 characters and the program takes 8-15 characters password; every other length are skipped. Your mask as 6 characters so it all depends on what your rule file does (like if it adds some characters to at least 8 total). I guess it's not since the stats shows that all input passwords were rejected.
What mastercracker said ^^

Also can we see a sample of your rule file ?

Is your rule file in the same directory as your script and hashcatplus ?

There is no -o output.txt or -o Found.txt

Hashcatplus is reporting 100% rejected words, I am sure it is either your rule is wrong or not in the same directory. The rejection is because of what mastercracker said WPA is 8 + characters.

(11-15-2011, 10:43 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: [ -> ]What mastercracker said ^^

Also can we see a sample of your rule file ?

Is your rule file in the same directory as your script and hashcatplus ?

There is no -o output.txt or -o Found.txt

Hashcatplus is reporting 100% rejected words, I am sure it is either your rule is wrong or not in the same directory. The rejection is because of what mastercracker said WPA is 8 + characters.
I just used the one from the example and yes it's in the same directory.
./mp64.exe -o bf.rule -1 ?dabcdef '$?1 $?1'

After adding -o cracked.txt it worked! Thank you.