hashcat Forum

Full Version: 1080 TI FE not buyable, 1070 TI FE on the rise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Founders Edition cards are much better quality than OEM cards. If you put two OEM cards next to each other, one will cook the other. And in my experiences, OEM style coolers tend to have the fan bearings go bad pretty quickly. Definitely go FE. What do you have available in stock? If you can't find a Ti model, just get a non Ti. Even if it is just a 1070 FE. They still perform very well.
In stock I see not that many...this one for example: PNY GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition GF1070GTX8GRPB...is this a suggested card by you guys?
Edit: Found another one: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition. Opinions?

Another (probably noob) question from my side Smile
I've just read that you can order a Nvidia Titan V with Volta now. The price is sick, but since there are probably no benchmarks available right now...could one of you tell me about how many GTX 1070 I would need to get the power of 1 Titan V? Is this like 4 1070? Or maybe 8 or just about 2? Just an estimation... Thx!
I couldn't find ANY founder edition cards on stock in whole Europe at any reseller. But: you can order directly from Nvidia. According to their website, they're in Stock! We've ordered four GTX1070Ti today.
(12-11-2017, 08:57 AM)golb Wrote: [ -> ]In stock I see not that many...this one for example: PNY GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition GF1070GTX8GRPB...is this a suggested card by you guys?
Edit: Found another one: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition. Opinions?

Any FE will do since they're completely identical. ZOTAC should have the option to extend warranty to five yaers. And as mentioned, you can always order through NVidia directly.

(12-11-2017, 08:57 AM)golb Wrote: [ -> ]Another (probably noob) question from my side Smile
I've just read that you can order a Nvidia Titan V with Volta now. The price is sick, but since there are probably no benchmarks available right now...could one of you tell me about how many GTX 1070 I would need to get the power of 1 Titan V? Is this like 4 1070? Or maybe 8 or just about 2? Just an estimation... Thx!

There have been benchmarks around here for the SMX2 version and based on them I'd say ~2-2,5x. But then the V!00 offers new Tensor cores which are a great benefit and a big deal, but hashcat can't use them (yet).

https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-6972.html
Thanks so much for the helpful answers!

The GPU topic is probably done for this one now.
So the final rig would look like this:

ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600 1600W ATX 2.3
Intel Core i7-6800K, 6x 3.40GHz
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB
G.Skill Trident Z black/orange DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-18-18-38
Cooler Master MasterAir Pro 4
2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 TI FE

Any comments on the rest of the hardware?
Yes, I know the PSU could be platinum certified...
Do I really need 32GB RAM with just 2 GPUs? Is this some suggested RAM?
I would not choose that CPU, since it is already outdated. Same for the mainboard. Is that a cracking rig only? Get an i5-8400 with six cores and mostly the same performance and a Mobo for ~100 bucks and that'll be fine. 16GB would be ok too.
The PSU is very good since it is *only* gold level. But too pricy and also oversized. A Corsair 1200W Platinum should be around ~200 bucks and would still be able to power two additional GTX1070Ti.

Just my 2cts.
(12-13-2017, 01:35 AM)Flomac Wrote: [ -> ]I would not choose that CPU, since it is already outdated. Same for the mainboard. Is that a cracking rig only?

Yup.

(12-13-2017, 01:35 AM)Flomac Wrote: [ -> ]Get an i5-8400 with six cores and mostly the same performance and a Mobo for ~100 bucks and that'll be fine. 16GB would be ok too.

Any recommendations on which mobo works well with the i5-8400?

(12-13-2017, 01:35 AM)Flomac Wrote: [ -> ]The PSU is very good since it is *only* gold level. But too pricy and also oversized. A Corsair 1200W Platinum should be around ~200 bucks and would still be able to power two additional GTX1070Ti.

Maybe in the future there will come additional 2 GTXs...and I thought with this the rig would be ready for them.
On a quick look most affordable mobos have only three x16-slots. The Gigabyte Z370 HD3 sells for ~120 bucks. Mobos with four slots will cost >330.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the price difference between the two CPUs and the mainboard should be another GTX1070 Ti Wink
(12-14-2017, 08:51 PM)Flomac Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong but the price difference between the two CPUs and the mainboard should be another GTX1070 Ti Wink

That's the sentence of the month! Smile
3 x GTX 1070 TI it is...thanks for all the help guys!
Pages: 1 2