hashcat Forum

Full Version: rx 560 vs 1050 vs 1050ti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12-18-2017, 07:32 PM)tacohashcat Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I also didn't know a 1050Ti had a 6 pin power connector. I thought these cards only pulled power from the PCI E lane.

That's because this is the ROG version which uses ASUS 24cm GPU layout, and that PCB comes with a 6-PIN connector. There is a standard 1050Ti with a 21cm PCB that does not us an extra connector.
(12-18-2017, 07:32 PM)tacohashcat Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest version (4.0.1) and use -w 4 and let us know what you are getting. My 1050 was very close to 100kH/s with 4.0.1 and mode -w4. Your Ti has roughly 17% more cores, so you should be putting up 115-120kH/s in my guesstimate.

Edit: I also didn't know a 1050Ti had a 6 pin power connector. I thought these cards only pulled power from the PCI E lane.
Also, if you are running windows, download MSI Afterburner and you can manage your fan(s) manually from there. At 100% I was nowhere near the thermal limits of the card but it was a little loud.

Yes it have there are some models that have additional 6 pin also. I take the most expensive model that I find in that moment in store 195 euros for Asus Strix gaming model, it has allegedly better cooling system etc.

Ok I run some benchmarks on 3.5 and 4.0 and here are the pics :

3.5 -w 4 It starts from 110 kH/s but quickly fall and after 10 minutes it do constant 108 kH/s.

[Image: mkW5IAN.png]

4.0 -w 4 It start from 116 kH/s but quickly fall and after 10 minutes it do constant 111 kH/s.

[Image: fOdrax3.png]

System lag it very big can't do nothing on my PC after running hashcat I turn off my monitor to help, I suppose it will help since graphic card will not show pic on monitor...
@Vidramon Well you definitely aren't hitting thermal limits since the card never gets above 60c in those screenshots. I kind of expected 115-120kH/s but 111 is fairly close. You could try bumping the clock speed up a bit, since you have plenty of room on temps. I am surprised that -w4 is having that much of an effect on your system. When I tried, I was worried about responsiveness, but didn't notice any lag at all.

(12-19-2017, 12:40 AM)Flomac Wrote: [ -> ]That's because this is the ROG version which uses ASUS 24cm GPU layout, and that PCB comes with a 6-PIN connector. There is a standard 1050Ti with a 21cm PCB that does not us an extra connector.
Ok that makes sense. I had only ever seen the smaller cards with no 6-pin.
Don't know I still experiment with this card, don't have time in this period so it is slow.
Maybe I will try to run it from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux, maybe it will be better...

Does anyone know a codes for CMD that can run multiple files one after the other ?

So I put three files for example and leave home, when finish first automatic go to second then on third... It will be good if finds password to stop, but it is not necessary ?
Hmm I notice some very strange behavior while cracking some files.

Use both hashcat 3.5 and 4 for testing, files are same ( worldlist ) and hccapx file.

What is problem, compared to r9 270x which is always same about 93 kH/s and it start 93 kH/s, all day works on 93 kH/s and finish with 93 kH/s this 1050ti have very very changed moving of this numbers.

First of all it always start with higher number and that number drop off after some time.
Examples :
Hashcat 3.5 -w 3
One day it works (after lowering numbers) on 91 kH/s, next day 96 kH/s and third day 106 kH/s. The only thing that is changed here are internal temperature in the room. So one day is warm next day is not so much and some day is very cold since I put it to work while I go somewhere and I don't load the fire. I'm not sure is this have some impact on this numbers but I can't explain. I don't change anything about fans, just let go to work as they want ( fabric settings ).

EDIT : And now I find first time when I put to work.
''After 15 minutes of use I get 100 kH/s and temperature max was 59 ( this is model that fans starts to spin after card reachs a certain temperature ). Use same method like on r9 270x so hashcat 3.5.0 and -w 3.''

So does not make sense one day it work 91, one 96, one 100 one 106 kH/s... Is this normal on Nvidia cards ?
Try setting your fans to 100% all the time.
Hmm I think problems are cap files !

I run multiple times just to be sure and here are the pics.

Hashcat 3.5 -w 3 cap file captured with new The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux 2017.3.

[Image: IO3vcNb.png]

Hashcat 3.5 -w 3 cap file captured in very old The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux 1.0.6 that I have bootable in my USB stick run 5 min after this first one.

[Image: sTXKa4v.png]

So as you can see there is some problem definitely, I to assume it is in cap files ( hccapx).
Pages: 1 2 3 4