hashcat Forum

Full Version: Problem with performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! First of all i want to say thanks atom for your works.
hashcat is great, because its only loaded my system over 50% but i have problems =(

System: Intel EX4830 x4 (64core), 32Gb ram, etc...
1. Hashcat can use only 32 threads, and its working only under 50% at my system. When i`m trying to set more than 32 threads there is error.
2. with maximal settings results only under 99.9M(brute-force)

What can i do to get more faster recovering?
hashcat is not optimized for brute force, but oclHashcat-lite is. that is because even with 64 high speed cpus you can not beat home computer with single hd6990 gpu.
(12-12-2011, 11:10 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]hashcat is not optimized for brute force, but oclHashcat-lite is. that is because even with 64 high speed cpus you can not beat home computer with single hd6990 gpu.

Why does hashcat only support 32 threads? I also have a 64-core machine at my disposal, but rather than brute force, I plan on trying some dictionary attacks on MD4's with some huge (terabyte) dictionaries I've been generating.
(03-05-2014, 08:59 PM)philsmd Wrote: [ -> ]Please read here: https://hashcat.net/trac/ticket/368#comment:3

Well that's super convenient timing, thanks philsmd!