hashcat Forum

Full Version: MD5 mask for password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I am trying to run hashcat by this command:

hashcat64 -m 6211 -a 3 -w 3 --session pmd5 ..\private.tc ?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h

there are 32 ?h but the command gives me this error:

Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask: ?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h

What I understand is that hashcat can't compute the number of combinations that it will have to check.

Is it possible to bypass such computation?

For a good desktop PC is it possible to go through the keyspace in a reasonable time?
Is supercomputer able to go through the keyspace in a reasonable time? (another question here)
(06-27-2018, 05:31 PM)pbies Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to bypass such computation?
you can modify the source code

(06-27-2018, 05:31 PM)pbies Wrote: [ -> ]For a good desktop PC is it possible to go through the keyspace in a reasonable time?
no

(06-27-2018, 05:31 PM)pbies Wrote: [ -> ]Is supercomputer able to go through the keyspace in a reasonable time? (another question here)
no
3.4028237e+38 seems like an awful lot of combinations.
It would be much easier to patch the init kernel to MD5 the password first before processing it with pbkdf2. Easy win?