hashcat Forum

Full Version: Intel openCL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

At the begining i want to thank you for oclhashcatplus 0.07. It is great and works great Big Grin

And now feature request Big Grin

Can you add support for intel openCL? For core i5 and i7 processors? I know that this will be much slower than nvidia or ati, but it will be very usefull in laptops.

( i tried to run oclhashcat-plus on it, but there is information about no AMD platform found Sad )
yes, CPU integration into oclHashcat-plus is planed in a VERY VERY later release. till that, use hashcat CPU Smile
(12-31-2011, 11:39 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]yes, CPU integration into oclHashcat-plus is planed in a VERY VERY later release. till that, use hashcat CPU Smile

First off, let me say that hashcat rules! The opencl version especially. I am using the ocl-hashcat-lite since I am only working with a single DES cipher (My good ol' 5970 loves it Big Grin 80M/sec combined!). Anyway, I was kinda fooling around with it and tried it on my laptop as well, but it only has an intel core i5 CPU with the integrated intel HD graphics.

I looked up some details and then went here http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles...pencl-sdk/ to check it all out...

Seems like it could work! Not the fastest, of course... but I can't use the normal hashcat 'cause it doesn't like DES at all. After all, DES was created as a hardware cipher, so it makes sense I guess.

New oclhashcat-lite version is out already but it doesn't have intel support yet. And from your statement I guess you won't be including Intel's take OpenCL for a while. I am not asking for an ETA but is it high-ish on your priority list or not at all?

Thanks for this awesome program anyway, it owns!
The Intel GPUs are not supported by their own runtime. My motivation for "just" adding the CPU is not very high although you can use hashcat CPU as an alternative. You are right, DES is not supported, but for CPU + DES you can still use jtr
(01-12-2012, 10:05 AM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]The Intel GPUs are not supported by their own runtime. My motivation for "just" adding the CPU is not very high although you can use hashcat CPU as an alternative. You are right, DES is not supported, but for CPU + DES you can still use jtr

I understand; and I have been using JTR but it only utilizes 25% of my CPU (i5 - 2 cores 4 threads), basically the typical behavior of a non-multi threaded application. There's a way to make it run on all four threads if you run JTR from linux (it is not possible in Windows) and I tried it but there were some errors and in general, the app wasn't stable.

Just wondering then, isn't OpenCL like a general interface for computation on devices that support it? I don't know much about this of course, so forgive my next question's noobishness, but how "hard" would it be to make it so that ocl-hashcat-lite could use the intel's take on OpenCL? Are the calls / structure that different? I'm just interested in the principle and differences, not actually asking you to create the opencl version.

Thanks for the reply Smile
yeah well thats what it tries to be. but in realtity its not. to get full performance a specific kernel is required for each device type.