hashcat Forum

Full Version: how to use an 11TB wordlist file without 11TB of storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I have a WPA2 handshake and the password is 0-9 and A-F with a length of 10.
it will take me 3-4 days to crack using a GTX 1060.
when I put this in crunch list has a huge size of 11TB obviously I don't have that kind of storage space lying around so i'm wondering if there is a command or something that can delete the words that didnt work and generate new ones kind of like a live wordlist?
im really new to hashcat and pentesting in general any help?
incase you need this my specs are:
GTX 1060 6GB
i5 6500
16GB RAM
2x 1TB hard drive
500W PSU
Most basic use of crunch can be executed by hashcat directly.

The ?H charset is cap hex (0-9 and capital A-F). If it's a randomly generated string within that charset, a mask of ?H?H?H?H?H?H?H?H?H?H can be used with hashcat directly, with no wordlist storage required at all.
(07-20-2018, 03:33 PM)royce Wrote: [ -> ]Most basic use of crunch can be executed by hashcat directly.

The ?H charset is cap hex (0-9 and capital A-F). If it's a randomly generated string within that charset, a mask of ?H?H?H?H?H?H?H?H?H?H can be used with hashcat directly, with no wordlist storage required at all.

So what would be the command to do this? again im very new and I dont know much about hacking.
Like this, but adapted to your hash type (-m), hash, and mask (the ?H sequence).
Code:
$ hashcat --help | grep Brute-Force
  Brute-Force      | MD5   | hashcat -a 3 -m 0 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a?a?a
(07-20-2018, 04:31 PM)royce Wrote: [ -> ]Like this, but adapted to your hash type (-m), hash, and mask (the ?H sequence).
Code:
$ hashcat --help | grep Brute-Force
 Brute-Force      | MD5   | hashcat -a 3 -m 0 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a?a?a

Thank you very much. Smile