hashcat Forum

Full Version: How to run Combinator from hashcat-utils on windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am trying to run the combinator util so I can pipe the output to hashcat in order to apply rules.

I compiled the source code via code-blocks, but when I run the program it keeps printing 'hello world!'. I am definitely being trolled here lol.

Can anyone share the best way of running/installing the separate combinator-util on windows? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
If you don't know how to compile things you can just use the already compiled binaries here:

https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils/releases
(08-08-2018, 09:59 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know how to compile things you can just use the already compiled binaries here:

https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils/releases

Please excuse my ignorance, but I tried downloading and using those files, but they are .bin files. I was able to get the standalone combinator to work on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) VM, but unfortunately I have to use windows server 2012 in order to utilize an nvidia tesla card.

I thought that .bin files can't run on windows, and that I need to convert them to .exe files. I am not sure the process of how to do this. Would you be able to lead me in the right direction? Thanks!
There are both .bin and .exe files in the archive...
(08-08-2018, 10:16 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: [ -> ]There are both .bin and .exe files in the archive...

hmmm, I double checked and the only exe file I have is the cap2hccapx file, no exe for combinator. Maybe I'll try redownloading form github.
(08-08-2018, 10:39 PM)msfoxxie Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2018, 10:16 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: [ -> ]There are both .bin and .exe files in the archive...

hmmm, I double checked and the only exe file I have is the cap2hccapx file, no exe for combinator. Maybe I'll try redownloading form github.

So I figured it out, my antivirus quarantined those executables before I could move them to a shared folder to the tesla machine.