hashcat Forum

Full Version: Usability requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As tweeted, putting in the same usability requests as I've done for Bitweasils Cryptohaze Multiforcer today:

1. option for TAB separation between output fields, instead of : as delimiter. Maybe I'm lazy or stupid, but it makes it easier to get results imported into other stuff like databases, spreadsheets, scripts, whatever...

2. Option to display all input parameters including filenames on screen while running. Again; lazy & stupid, but with multiple instances running for days, weeks & months, I tend to forget what each instance is actually doing.

For the resume system, could you eventually put some markers into the resume file to remember where in wordlist/process we have reached, to minimize overlapping when resuming?

Oh... And if/when I do another round of Passwords^xx conference, one of my wanted topics will be "standardization of input/output files for popular password crackers". ;-)

Best regards,
Per Thorsheim
securitynirvana.blogspot.com
@thorsheim
I've had both of those ideas as well (same reasons you gave). I'd really like to see them as features.
1. OK
2. Will try. Can you name all the parameters missing?
Rule name is the most important for me, also hash file.

Not so important: Out file, GPU accel, GPU loops.
(01-05-2012, 12:07 AM)chort Wrote: [ -> ]Rule name is the most important for me, also hash file.

Not so important: Out file, GPU accel, GPU loops.

I'll second you on that: rule name and hash file should do the trick.

Regards,
Per
OK

@Hash-IT: Please add to wiki
(01-05-2012, 11:06 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]OK

@Hash-IT: Please add to wiki

OK done it. Smile

In fact it was pretty much already there...

Quote:Add the BSSID, rules files and hash file used to status screen.
Hey Atom, some my 2 cents for this (terrible english present Smile)

1. Rescue or back old (0.06) settings for WPA/WPA2 (see http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-771.html)

2. make increment feature as in lite version for plus. Damn, "language barier", try to example - when password has 6 symbols, but my mask have 7 symbols, and plus version dont see 6 symbols passwords, but lite do it. Hope u understand Smile

3. Improve speed for some hashes (phpass, MD5(Wordpress), MD5(phpBB3) have terrible speed)

4. Clean up Wiki page, its have some mistakes and incorrects.
Hello Machine,

Could you point out some examples of things that need to be cleaned up on the wiki? Several people have access to edit it.
1. There was no change, so there is nothing to restore
2. I already accepted this request but since users can do it manually with current version this is not high priority
3. There is no way known for major speedups on phpass based algorithms
Pages: 1 2