hashcat Forum

Full Version: Salt input and bruteforcing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i'm new to the hashcat and just got stucked of don't knowing how to realise it: so i have md5 hash, which i want to decrypt. I know exactly, what the decryption text would be minimum 27 length and maximum 28, using only numbers 0 to 9 and i know salt. 

The text would be like this: salt(8 numbers).number(1 to 9).1234567890876543(16 numbers 0 to 9); For each hash salt is different. Can i input salt every time i input new hash, so the program won't guess salt numbers? For example, i got salt: 49342465, so in program it would be: 49342465(input)+'.'+number(1 to 9)+'.'+numbers(16 max, 0 to 9) 

I can't do it like it said in manual 'salt+hash', because it has integer length mask error and meaningless. (-d1 -a 3 -m 20 -1 . new.hash ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?1?d?d?1?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d using brute-force with mask, where ?1 is '.')
is the "number(1 to 9).1234567890876543" part fixed? If so you should add it to the salt. You don't need to define ?1 for a single character. You can simply use that character in the mask.
No, it's not. It's random generated second salt, i guess. Maybe it has some of consistent pattern, but i still didn't found it.
I consider, that it's seems to be impossible to crack this.. Maybe it's better to use rule based attack?
It all goes down to the unknown parts. If they just numbers length 16 is feasible.