hashcat Forum

Full Version: i need to start hachcat to brutforce AES encryption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i need to start hachcat to brutforce AES encryption
will attach imgs with my problems 
but the most big problem is that i cant start brutforce task 
it seems to be needs an advanced user to set configuration
If you are indeed trying to bruteforce an AES key, that's not going to succeed within your lifetime. Besides, raw AES is not supported by hashcat.
(01-12-2019, 10:25 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]If you are indeed trying to bruteforce an AES key, that's not going to succeed within your lifetime. Besides, raw AES is not supported by hashcat.

How do we know it is not AES?
i know some usefull information about password
first i know it was just numbers only
second i know it was from 9 digit only
that might help i will bruteforce but need help to run hashcat with my file or disk
I think you don't know enough about the details. Passwords are typically not used as the cipher keys directly. Otherwise your information is wrong and the password can not be 9 digits long. For AES the passwords would need to be exactly 16, 24 or 32 letters long. In most cryptographic applications there's a key derivation function that sits between the password and the key. You didn't say anything about this. On top of that, there's tons of other details missing. KDF salt, IV, how's the decrypted blob looks like, etc.
thank you for reply
let me say situation ...
an old it was encrypt drive with known password and all of us was know it
but not use this device but all know the password was
from 9 digit number
he died in accident
so now we dont know acctual pass
but know some info which may help
what is the name of the software that was used to encrypt the drive ?
(01-31-2019, 10:38 PM)philsmd Wrote: [ -> ]what is the name of the software that was used to encrypt the drive ?

TRUE CRYPT OR VERA CRYPT 
WE WAS OPEN IT WITH DISKCRYPTOR
TRUE CRYPT OR VERA CRYPT is support by hashcat
ok how can i do it ?
Pages: 1 2